Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Little Mush

I feel like I should blog because well, a year ago today Brad proposed. And now here we are..married 6 months. This proposal included some dom perignon, my favorite thing on the planet-->carrot cake, a fireplace, ruth chris dinner beforehand, lots of screams, perfect ring. All summed up as...sweetness. It was sweet, warm, and thoughtful and my life changed that day. That is when I started saying "we" instead of "me" or "I". It's weird how that happens. You cannot be selfish anymore. Well, you can and we are, but not like before. All I wanted was to move to Chicago and work for a marketing/advertising firm and go to concerts and dress up a lot and walk everywhere. And now I am totally okay with the fact that I still live here in the south--in the state I swore I'd never live, no less--and it is perfect. It where I am supposed to be and I cannot imagine life anywhere else with anyone else. I really can't. And when I talk to people that think I am too young to be so settled and so "boring", all I can say is that I love our life. I love the life that me and B are building. I like coming home, cooking, playing with the pup, and watching Friday Night Lights season 1 on Netflix. That is not to say that we do not enjoy going out occasionally--because we do. And I look forward to summer nights and cold beer followed by football season with the smell of whiskey (that I do NOT drink but it reminds me of football anyway). I love seeing my girlfriends and I will forever miss my family, hometown, college, and my sorority (can't help it). But its different now. You know that ridiculous saying "Its not where you are, but who you're with". Well dangit, its true. And it is annoying and you don't ever think you will be this mushy. And then it happens and you are. If you are still reading...bravo...hopefully one day you will feel this way or already have and hopefully you won't stop reading my blog because of this post.





2 comments:

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

A little mush is good sometimes! Love this post - it's so full of love. Happiness is far too uncommonly talked about, and it's lovely to read :)

Mallory Hornsby said...

This makes me happy! Don't listen to anyone, they just haven't found it yet ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...