Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
And happy birthday Dad. I love you. You are the bestest daddy in the whole wide world. That is for real.
AND...maybe the Britney album will make me feel better. Help, Britney, help.
Friday, March 25, 2011
Guess who is surprise performing there tonight?
That's right, people, the love of my life.
UGH ONE MONTH!!! I missed her by ONE MONTH!! I've still never seen her and loved her since Baby One More Time (well, I liked her on Mickey Mouse club too...just didn't know it was going to turn into a love-relationship).
I seriously just want to be her publicist....I think I could really get her back on track during the tough times aka "baldy" aka "k-fed" aka "jason alexander".
All of that aside, she's the bomb.com. So sad I am missing you, Brit-Brat. Good luck on your come back. I know it will happen. The world will realize what they are missing soon.
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
So the rule is, I tell you 7 facts about myself...Eww this could get boring! Here we go!
1. I HATE tomatoes. I mean, like with a firery passion. However, I do eat pizza/spaghetti sauce, chili, and salsa. It is different, I promise. I do NOT eat Hunts ketchup. It is liquid tomato. Yuck.
2. I was super obsessed with my sorority in college (Chi Omega). I even went to National Convention and thought it was "like, the funnest thing ever!". If this makes me cheesy and not cool, so be it.
3. My parents dated one month before they got engaged--he proposed because she broke up with him. They are still together 28 years later and more in love than ever. My sister and her husband were engaged after about 4 months of dating. My husband and I made it to 11 months (but they were long and we were ready!)
4. Both my hubs and I have eczema & BAD BAD allergies and I have terrible vision and asthma...our kids are doomed.
5. I'm obsessed with all babies--all colors, shapes, sizes. Like if you have one, don't come near me. I'll steal it.
6. My favorite blog is Enjoying the Small Things by Kelle Hampton. Even at work when I see she has posted, I minimize it until I know I will be able to read the whole post and then I refill my coffee mug and settle in. She is inspiring. I laugh, I cry, I love.
7. My mother & I have a strange obsession with Halloween.
Thanks, Amanda! That was fun!! Go check her blog out, y'all!
I award this to:
Jill at Our Story
Megan at Across the Pond
Megan at Mackey Madness
Go check these girls out! Great reads!
Friday, March 18, 2011
1. The weather. Now this might be pre-mature because who knows, we may have another cold front, but today, today is beautiful. And it makes me sad that I am inside at work...in a cubicle... with no windows...
I did go home to let my sweet baby Kings out and sat in the sun enjoying a Subway sandwich :)
The weather makes me want to get out and do yard work. I am not too keen on yard work. I want my yard to be gorgeous, I just don't want to do it...
2. Blogging. I am enjoying it these days and looking forward to posting, but more so, I LOVE LOVE finding new reads. Comment if you want me to read yours. I love blogs with photography, fashion, babies, and even weight loss blogs. I just like the see the transformation and the women inspire me to be healthy (on weight watchers here...thanks). Its pretty awesome.
3. Weekends. Particularly this weekend. It is the St. Patty's day parade. Friends coming in town. Going to be a good time. And I'm thinking about (attempting) to make a green scarf tonight to wear. That is, if we don't do anything which I am thinking we won't since we are getting up and going EARLY in the AM.
4. My favorite lip gloss. Yes, I sell Mary Kay and No, I am not promoting (cause let's be honest, I don't really sell all that much). I seriously am just obsessed with putting this on everytime I get a chance.
Color: Melon Sorbet
5. My sewing class. Thursday nights. Love it. Its definately for beginners. We have so far sewn half a skirt and I am just so excited about it! I feel like a total goob, getting giddy for my -some may call boring- Thursday nights!
6. Zucchini. I could eat this veggie every single day. Grilled, baked, on the stove top...any way possible. YUM.
What are you loving right now?
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
WHEW...I cannot tell you the stress in that decision. My mom came out in me...I am very sure I will have a new zit coming soon from this. This has caused me much grief. Oh the little things in life...
Besides for painting, I am loving spring...I wish it would just STAY! It has been cold this week, but Saturday, well Saturday was beautiful. And look at my cute herbs and pansies :)
I am going to get some tulips to plant behind the pansies for next year. Pretty pretty.
Monday, March 14, 2011
HELP!!! Look again...
Friday, March 11, 2011
So I just came across this blog today and like what today's post had to say. It is called Happy Hour as you can see. All you do is enter the party, visit the blogs that are joined in the party, comment on them, and then go back to Love Is Home Blog and comment to her what your two favorite blogs are. I absolutely LOVE this idea since I am new to blogging. It is a way to interact and find great new reads!
This week has been busy and wonderful....
Tuesday was my monthly bunko night. It is a good time to talk, play, and see everyone's beautiful homes. Personally, this Tuesday night bunko just made me want to decorate my house...
Wednesday was interesting. Long story short...I went to take my boss' car to get his oil changed (yes, I do this) and I started looking around the lot. This wasn't a crazy instant decision, people--Hubs & I have been looking for me a car. My baby, Fonda the Honda has been with me EIGHT wonderful years, but it was time. So I got THIS. Love, love, love...did I say love? I am obsessed.
Thursday was my first beginners sewing class. It is a six week class that is two hours long. We are going to learn the basics of sewing while making a skirt and top. I am super excited about this. I will definately keep you all updated on how it is going. So far, so good. We got our supply list and talked about what we will be doing. Homework--> find our fabrics, bring supplies back and our sewing machines. Cannot wait to learn this wonderful craft :)
And today is Friday...we have no plans just yet. Hopefully it will warm up again. I am ready for this Mississippi weather to figure out what it wants to do and I am hoping that means SUN.
So if you are a blogger...head on over to Love is Home and check out Happy Hour. Tonight I'm drinking some Pinor Noir that's unopened if it stays chilly. If it is warm, I'll open my favorite Sam Adams Noble Pills.